Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Angry Birds

I did not get the advance planning done that I had hoped to over Christmas break, so I am still working on putting together some upcoming units that I really want to do well.  In the meantime, I knew I had some Angry Birds printables in a folder here and both boys love Angry Birds, so it seemed like a fun thing to jump in on for a week where we are still transitioning back into full swing from the holidays.  There are several out of the ordinary events this week, one of which was spending the day today at the immigration office, so I don't know how much we'll actually get done this week, but I put together a sensory bin to start off the week, so I thought I'd share a few of the photos from yesterday with that.  

I used garbanzo beans for the base (didn't end up being as deep as I would have liked with the amount I had around, but it still worked).  Added in some pom poms and craft sticks (both of which I brought with me).  Isaiah got a little Angry Birds toy set that I pulled the sling shot to use.  There is a small plastic star in there, and I put some yarn pieces I had left over from a project to make a little nest for a homemade shaker egg I found that we have.
 Ezekiel really wanted to open the shaker egg and see what was inside.
 This picture pretty much captures how Ezekiel decided to play with the sensory bin--fast and furious!
 Isaiah was really excited about the bin and thought it was great fun to shoot the pom poms using the sling shot.
 Ezekiel really likes to put on his backpack these days and just wear it around.

We'll see how the week goes to see what else we get done, but they enjoyed starting off our theme with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment